There are various ways in which Lime can be used to benefit the body, next time you see them in the supermarket be sure to get some, keep reading to find out why.
is a rounded citrus fruit similar to a lemon but greener, smaller, and with a distinctive acid flavour (Google)
Benefits to the body
- Skin Care – Consumed orally to rejuvenate the skin and protect it from infections, helps to reduce body odor when applied directly to the skin, its acid scrub out dead
cells and cure dandruff rashes and bruises.
- Digestion – The aroma from lime causes your mouth to water and this aids digestion.
- Weight Loss – When squeezed in a glass of warm water it can be regarded as a brilliant weight reducer also as a refresher and antioxidant drink. It’s recommended that one should consume two glasses of warm water with lime juice per day and remarkable results will be waiting within a week.
- Constipation – The acid in lime helps to clear the excretory system by washing and cleaning the tracks. An overdose of lime juice with salt also acts as an excellent purgative without side effects.
- Diabetes – Lime is considered as a super food for diabetes for multiple reasons. Fibers found in Lime makes it an ideal support to regulate the body’s absorption of sugar into the bloodstream.
- Eye Care – The antioxidant properties in Lime protects eyes from aging and macular degenerating. Also helps to protect from infections.
- Hair – Lime helps to eliminate dandruff from hair follicles.
Uses of Lime
- Cleansing agent
- Medicinal uses
- Cosmetic Products
- Culinary Uses